Update (Tue 4th Aug, 2020 14:00 BST): Blasphemous‘ free Stir of Dawn DLC is now available to play on Nintendo Switch.
It adds a number of new features and a New Game+ mode called ‘New Torment’. Here are all the details:
Blasphemous: Stir of Dawn key features:
- Experience a new level of torment: Those who have completed the main campaign can take on a higher level of difficulty as part of the ‘New Game+’ New Torment mode, which also includes the brand new story content that all players are receiving
- Greater variety of gameplay options: Three different playstyles are available in New Torment through the all-new Penitence system, which offers tantalising rewards for those that can handle the handicaps that come with them
- Overcome new challenging bosses: Go forth on a journey to defeat the five Amanecidas, encountering new characters including Jibrael and Nacimiento along the way
- Be more brutal: The counterattack mechanic has been improved and seven new executions have been added, keeping combat impactful
- A more balanced Blasphemous: Enemies have been adjusted, new animations added, and players can now even pet the dog
- Get around Cvstodia in new ways: Travel is made easier for The Penitent One with further additions like a new map system and more warp points.
Original Article (Tue 21st Jul, 2020 07:15 BST): The Game Kitchen has revealed its punishing action-platformer Blasphemous will be receiving a new free expansion pack titled ‘The Stir of Dawn’ next month, on 4th August.
It will include New Game Plus, new storylines, new bosses to defeat, more items, new areas to discover, and much more. There’ll also be quality of life improvements, such as a revamped map system – with more fast travel locations. Along with this are new animations, updated voice acting, and various balance changes. Here’s a look:
In our review, we gave the game nine out of ten stars and said it was a nightmarishly good mix of Metroid and Dark Souls. Do you like the look of this free update? Tell us down below.