The Amiga community goes from strength to strength, sporting not just new games but applications that give the Amiga an extra boost in usability. We’ve certainly featured enough of them and more especially with our good friend Amiga Bill on Twitch! But today’s news is something special for users of new software, as thanks to a heads up by ‘Bitplan Krzysztof Donat’. We’ve just been told that he has launched the latest version of GoADF: a fabulous program that does more than just support ADF files (Floppy Files)
As we said before : Although many of us have installed hard drives or Gotek devices launching ADF files with ease, the GoADF is the next best thing for Amiga owners. As although it does the usual copy to real media, it can also read detailed information about the ADF file, explore an ADF file (the ability to extract a file directly to a hard drive), the ability to mount ADF files to one of four virtual drives and it can even quick access to all ADF files in one folder..
Version 3.0 Update :
New original device goadf.device included with full support for 68000 – dedicated to all owners of the fast 68000 (e.g. ACA500 or Wicher accelerators).
- In addition, many improvements have been added:
- 4 virtual drives can be additional enable
- appwindow enabled (disk images can be dragged into GoADF window) GoADF! can be minimalized
- new module to create new (empty) disk images
- requesters with asl.library (no reqtools needed)
- support for RAD disk (images can be written to RAD: )
- new configuration options, like ‘Do not show splash at startup’ and others
- GUI and procedures fixes for NG systems
- new icons
- several bug-fixes